You have 0 pages in your custom report
Climate Change Policy
Climate Friendly Energy PolicyOur Climate Friendly Energy Policy guides our effort to reduce both facility and transportation related emissions. The policy identifies pathways to be followed, including:
• Energy efficiency improvements in all of our operations;
• Cogeneration—on-site generation of electricity and recovery of the waste heat to potentially achieve overall efficiencies of more than 80 percent;
• On-site renewable energy that produces no CO2 emissions;
• Renewable electric purchases;
• Carbon trading and sequestration
Climate Policy InitiativesWe actively work to help shape responsible climate and energy policy in the United States and around the world. We are a member of the U.S. Climate Action Partnership (USCAP), as well as a signatory of the Copenhagen and Cancun Communiqués, which called on world leaders to sign a climate agreement.
And since 2003, we have been disclosing our energy use to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP). We believe that completing this inventory and reporting the results publicly comprise the first step in better greenhouse gas management (see our reports at www.cdproject.net). We are also engaged with the CDPs Supply Chain Initiative, which encourages suppliers to measure and publicly report their energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. By the end of 2010, more than 90 percent of the suppliers we approached chose to participate in the CDP.