To ensure that each Johnson & Johnson operating company throughout the world follows consistent principles relative to Labor and Employment practices, a set of global guidelines have been established.
- We communicate with our employees, and whenever possible, partner with them to achieve desirable competitive outcomes.
- We require our operating companies to respect each employee’s right to decide if he/she wishes to join or not join associations and/or labor unions, and to respect his/her ability to make an informed decision, free of coercion.
- Support of, or opposition to, associations such as those mentioned above, must not impact an employee’s employment or an individual’s application for employment.
- Employees have the right to organize or join associations, and bargain collectively, if they so choose. The Company and its operating companies are required to bargain in good faith with these associations.
- It is not permitted to accept or condone any aspect of forced labor.
- The Company and its operating companies may not discriminate against any employee based on his/her ideological views, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
- While the Company may counsel, and if necessary, discipline employees in connection with unacceptable behavior, physical punishment is not permitted.
- Employees choose to work for us at their own discretion. It is not permitted to force them to remain in our employ.
- We support, adhere to, and must strictly enforce child labor laws.
In every instance, we must first ensure that our policies and actions are in full compliance with the laws and regulations of the respective countries in which we operate.
Last Updated: 2015