SKILLMAN, NJ, February 16, 2018 – Reinforcing leadership in scientifically-driven skincare, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. will present eight Scientific Posters at this year’s American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA. The new research spans priority areas across skin health, including photoprotection, acne, cleansing and microbiome.
“The science shared at this year’s meeting builds upon some of our foundational studies in areas relevant to the dermatology community and common skincare challenges for their patients,” said Jennifer Zhu, Vice President, Global Beauty R&D at Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. “The studies are excellent examples of the robust discovery process that drives our mission to be champions of science.”
Of note, the Scientific Posters showcase pioneering work across several areas:
- New insights into the microbiome diversity and balance in normal and dry skin
- First data to show prebiotic activity of colloidal oat in topical formulations
- Research on the creation of a new surfactant molecule designed to avoid allergenic irritation, using principles of green chemistry
- An insightful real-world assessment of high SPF sunscreens in a multi-day exposure during a beach holiday
- Research on the ability of a water-gel formula to increase levels of endogenous long-chain ceramides
- Benefits of low-level light therapy in treating acne among patients with sensitive skin
- New analysis of seasonal variations in ceramide composition in acne subjects
- Improvements in skin tone brightness from a high-strength skincare regimen in an ethnically diverse population
All abstracts will be available for online viewing at the AAD meeting starting 7:00 AM PST on February 16, 2018.
2018 Scientific Posters from Johnson & Johnson Consumer:
Fundamental Assessment of Skin Microbiome Diversity in Three Subject Populations: Normal Skin, Dry Skin, and Dry Skin with a History of Itch (Poster 6631)
Fermentation of Colloidal Oatmeal by Cutaneous Bacteria Results in Enhanced Production of Lactic Acid and Short Chain Fatty Acids (Poster 6639)
Eliminating Cocamidopropyl Betaine-induced Allergic Contact Dermatitis: A New, Benign-by-design Zwitterionic Surfactant (Poster 7120)
A Single Center, Randomized, Double-Blinded, Multiple Exposure Evaluation of SPF 50+ and SPF100+ Sunscreens for Prevention of Erythema Under Actual Use Conditions (Poster 7237)
Hydration and Skin Barrier
A Unique Gel Matrix Moisturizer Delivers Better Skin Barrier Through Increase of Long Chain Acyl Ceramide Species (Poster 7487)
Seasonal Changes in Epidermal Ceramides Linked to Impaired Barrier Function in Acne Patients (Poster 7254)
Tolerance of a Low-Level Blue and Red Light Therapy Acne Mask in Acne Patients with Sensitive Skin (Poster 7098)
Aesthetic Dermatology - Pigmentation
A Comprehensive Facial Skin Brightening Regimen Uses a Multi-Mechanistic Approach to Delivering Pigment Evening Benefits in an Ethnically Diverse Population (Poster 7455)
About Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., based in Skillman, NJ, is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products companies. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives. Keep up with the newest consumer innovations from Johnson & Johnson by visiting: https://www.jnj.com/innovation.