Ethicon Endo-Surgery Highlights Commitment to Nurse Education, Patient Safety and Key Product Innovations at the Association for Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Conference
CE self-study guides, hands-on product training and dedicated online education portal all designed to advance nurses’ knowledge in the latest procedures and technologies to ensure the best care and safety for their patients.
New Orleans, LA - (March 23, 2012) – As part of its 20-year commitment to providing nurses the information and training they need to keep up with rapid advancements in surgical procedures and technology, Ethicon Endo-Surgery (EES) will offer Continuing Education (CE) study guides, hands-on product training with the latest surgical innovations and access to its dedicated nurse education on EESeducation.com at the 59th Annual Clinical Congress of the Association for Perioperative Registered Nurses in New Orleans, March 24–29, 2012.
CE Study Guides
Attendees who visit the EES exhibit booth #3435 may receive three (3) CE study guides titled Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy Options, Operating Room (OR) Efficiencies for Better Patient Outcomes and the Science of Stapling: Urban Legend and Fact. By completing all three study guides, nurses can earn up to six (6) contact hours.
In addition to the CE self-study guides, attendees can also participate in hands-on training with the latest surgical innovations in a mock operating room setting located inside the EES booth. Highlighted innovations will include:
- ECHELON FLEX™ Powered ENDOPATH® Stapler – The industry’s first powered endocutter with enhanced system-wide compression and stability. Developed in collaboration with surgeons and nurses worldwide. Powered ECHELON FLEX™ allows greater instrument stability with at least 63 percent reduction in tip movement during tissue cutting and stapling compared to the Endo GIA™ Ultra and the Endo GIA™ Universal. ‡
- ENSEAL® G2 Curved and Straight Tissue Sealers – This line of eight new tissue sealer devices include four shaft lengths and options for curved and straight jaws to provide surgeons with a broad portfolio of advanced bipolar tissue sealers for achieving strong vessel seals while remaining gentle on tissue in both open and minimally invasive surgery . The ENSEAL® G2 Tissue Sealers feature improved ergonomics and one-handed operation to improve the surgeon’s experience.
- The Ethicon Endo-Surgery Generator – The first system to combine ultrasonic and advance bipolar power into one simple generator design, allowing surgical teams more time to focus on the patient rather than the technology.
EESeducation.com – Convenient, Targeted Nurse Education with ability to complete up to 26 CE modules
EESeducation.com is a first-of-its-kind online tool that enables healthcare providers to customize their learning journey, allowing them to select the content, format and educational environment that best meets their objectives and busy schedules. By registering on EESeducation.com, nurses and other healthcare professionals can embark on a customized, step-by-step journey to build awareness, knowledge, skills and confidence in the effective use of technologies across a spectrum of procedures.
EESeducation.com offers links to over 25 third-party CE activities as well as a comprehensive library of nurse education materials featuring rich digital media such as cognitive simulations, interactive exercises, 3-D animations and more. It also provides self-paced learning resources focused on the latest surgical technologies and best practices. A dashboard enables users to track their progress towards their learning goals at a glance. Users may also opt to incorporate in-person educational courses and events into their journey at the Endo-Surgery Institute in Cincinnati, Ohio, or other convenient U.S. locations.
EES Professional Education and Sales staff will be available at AORN and year-round to assist with registration and help tailor the learning journey to the specific interests, specialties and education objectives of each registered user.
“With the ever-increasing demands on nurses’ time and the rapidly evolving surgical technologies and requirements, more targeted and convenient learning resources are needed to ensure nurses can continue to serve as the best advocates for their patients,” said Dr. Pamela Martin*, Medical Director Professional Education. “EES is committed to fulfilling this need and serving as an education leader for nurses through a wide spectrum of learning approaches to meet the needs of nurses at every stage of their career.”
Other EES-Sponsored/Hosted Activities
- Platinum Sponsor of the 59th Annual Clinical Congress of the Association for Perioperative Registered Nurses in New Orleans, March 24–29
- Sponsor of the 14th Annual AORN 5K Run/ 3K Walk, Tuesday, March 27, 6:30am
- In booth spotlight video featuring Lillie Shockney, Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing’s Future Amazing Nurses Award recipient. For more information about the Amazing Nurses Award visit http://campaignfornursing.com.
About Ethicon Endo-Surgery
Ethicon Endo-Surgery develops and markets advanced medical devices for minimally invasive and open surgical procedures, focusing on procedure-enabling devices for the interventional diagnosis and treatment of conditions in general and bariatric surgery, as well as gastrointestinal health, gynecology and surgical oncology. More information can be found at www.ees.com.
*Dr. Martin is an employee of Ethicon Endo-Surgery
Benchtop testing on porcine stomach (2.5-4mm thick). Surgeons (n=19) fired each instrument/reload once: PSE60A/ECR60G, 030449/030459, and EGIAUSTND/EGIA60AMT. Distal tip motion measurement during the firing cycle showed at least 63 percent reduction in tip movement of PSE60A/ECR60G vs. the other two devices.
‡ The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners