SKILLMAN, NJ, 11 September 2017 – As the global leader in scientifically-driven skincare, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. will present new scientific posters at the 2017 European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV) Annual Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland from 13-17 September. The research, being debuted for the first time in Europe, includes new findings in the areas of skin microbiome, light therapy for acne, retinol for anti-ageing and treatment of androgenetic alopecia (hair loss).
“Our scientists continue to follow exciting new clinical paths to uncover and develop transformative solutions for common skincare concerns,” said Lysianne Manoilov, Senior Director, EMEA Beauty R&D at Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. “We innovate across the globe at more than 10 R&D research centers on all seven continents. As leaders in the field, we offer the best and most effective products to meet and anticipate the needs of consumers.”
“Our research presented at this year’s meeting is an excellent representation of core areas of interest for the global dermatology community”, said Menas Kizoulis, Associate Director, Global Scientific Engagement at Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
“Two of the posters showcase new insights in the emerging area of skin microbiome, including linkages between reduced microbial diversity and severity of atopic dermatitis, and assessments on changes in skin microbiome as children approach puberty,” he said. “We are also sharing data on the safety and efficacy of a full-face, at-home light therapy mask for acne, as well as new understandings about the mechanism of action for minoxidil foam treatment for hair loss.”
The posters that Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. will present at EADV include:
- E-Poster P0254: Effects of an Atopic Dermatitis Lotion on Skin Barrier Properties, Itch, and Skin Microbiome in Subjects with Atopic Dermatitis
- E-Poster P0065: Barrier and Microbiome Changes in the Facial Skin of Children as they Approach Puberty
Light Therapy for Treatment of Acne
- E-Poster P0091: Efficacy of a New Low-Level Blue and Red Light Therapy Face Mask for Acne Vulgaris
- E-Poster P0085: Eye Safety of a New Full Face Low-Level Red and Blue LED Light Therapy Acne Mask
Anti-Ageing Skin Care
- E-Poster P1139: A High-Strength Retinol Serum Enhanced with N-Acetylglucosamine Provides Significant Anti-Ageing Effects in Combination with a Comprehensive Skincare Regimen
Androgenetic Alopecia (hair loss)
- E-Poster P0506: New Insights into the Mechanism of Action of Minoxidil Topical Foam in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia
- Of note, Poster co-author Georgios Stamatas, Research Associate Director and Fellow, Emerging Science & Innovation, has been invited to talk at EADV’s Pediatric Dermatology session (number D2T03.2C) on Friday, 15 September, Room C. His talk is titled “Treatment guidelines for atopic dermatitis: An update” and is scheduled at 10.25 AM.
Regular abstracts (selected for e-posters, oral e-posters presentations or Free Communications) will be available starting on 13 September at 8.00 AM on the EADV app, with a corresponding abstract number and an e-poster number, or presentation number.
About Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., based in Skillman, NJ, is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products companies. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives. Keep up with the newest innovations from Johnson & Johnson by visiting https://www.jnj.com/innovation.