Social Media Community Guidelines
Social Media Community Guidelines
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies manages a variety of social media channels and strives to create informative, engaging, supportive communities where we can share information and have conversations.
We’ll do our best to talk candidly about the topics that are important to you, listen to your feedback, answer your questions and be transparent about sharing information and providing our perspective.
If you post to one of our social media channels, or otherwise respond or comment on one of our posts, you are agreeing to abide by these Community Guidelines, which apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions or other legal notices that are provided by us and/or the owner of the social media platform. Please bear in mind that the comments and responses that you read on our channels that are not posted by us come from members of the public. The content of these comments (including opinions and statements) posted on our channels do not necessarily reflect the views of the social media site or its owner, and are the responsibility of the individuals posting them.
We strive to create an inspiring, supportive, fun community on our social media channels, so we ask that all users heed the following Community Guidelines:
1. Stay On Topic and Be Respectful
First and foremost, we ask that everyone show respect for other members of our social media communities.
- We encourage and welcome your comments and feedback, provided that you share your viewpoint in a way that is respectful to us and our community, and is not inappropriate, off-topic, abusive, harassing, profane, or promoting/soliciting third-party sites, initiatives or products.
- This is not the right forum to send feedback about our products or companies, solicit business, or request donations. Please use the Contact Us portion of our Corporate website for those topics.
- We reserve the right to reject or remove comments that are not in keeping with our policy and to block or ban users/followers who violate this policy.
2. Legal and Regulatory Issues
Because we are a public company in a regulated industry, there are certain topics we won’t be able or willing to talk about here, and some of your discussions may need to be redirected or curtailed for the same reason. By way of example, we ask that you refrain from posting comments that contain:
- unsubstantiated claims about, or discussion of “off-label” or unapproved/non-directed uses of, our products;
- third-party intellectual property, such as any copyright-protected material (art, music, videos, written text), or any trade-marks or logos, except with the express consent of the owners of such intellectual property;
- performances, or parts thereof, that have been broadcast, streamed, published, televised or recorded as part of a motion picture;
- information plagiarized from another source;
- photos and/or videos, including those depicting individuals, unless the photographer (and, where applicable, the depicted individual, and if the depicted individual is a child, the child’s parents or legal guardian) or videographer have expressly consented to such use;
- the names of any individuals, and/or other information that could allow anyone to identify the individual(s), such as an address, phone number, social insurance number, license plate number, hometown, school, etc., unless those individuals have expressly consented to such use;
- the names, photographs, voices, or other likeness of celebrities, either living or dead, whether favorable or unfavorable;
- inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors (for example, disparaging comments, or any statements about their products);
- information that is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- medical advice or product usage information;
- third-party confidential or non-public information;
- predatory conduct towards minors;
- libel, slander, or defamation of character;
- inappropriate or “off-color” statements;
- text, pictures or images that could be described as obscene, profane, lewd, crude, vulgar, offensive, provocative or pornographic, or as containing gang signs or symbols, gun imagery, political or religious propaganda, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, depictions of alcohol or drug abuse, or promotion of illegal activity of any kind;
- links to other websites;
- spam; and
- software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the social media site.
By posting, you are promising us that your post complies with these Guidelines and doesn’t contain any of the restricted content listed above. Please note, however, that we may remove any post that we believe does not so comply.
3. Comment Moderation and Response
We will do our best to moderate and respond quickly to your comments and feedback. Generally, we check in several times a day during business hours and once on non-business days. Please remember, though, that this forum contains the opinions and views of other users. Although we are moderating our channels to help ensure that users’ posts comply with these Guidelines, we cannot be responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any comments or materials posted by users.
4. Medical and Professional Advice
Please keep in mind that our authors have knowledge of the topics and fields they write about, but that our posts are informational and should not be viewed as professional or medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Reliance on any information provided herein is solely at your own risk.
5. We May Use Your Posts
By posting on one or more of our social media channels, you understand that your posts, and any ideas or techniques contained in them, may be freely used by us in any way and in any media, including on this forum, on our other websites and social media pages, and in our business. Accordingly, please do not submit any ideas or materials that you wish to keep confidential or for which you expect to receive compensation. In addition, when you post in any of our social media channels, your name, likeness and social media handle will be visible and associated with your post and if we re-use your post elsewhere, we may display your name, likeness and handle there as well.
6. Additional Considerations
- You must be at least 13 years old to participate; and
- If you are a minor in your jurisdiction (but at least 13), please do not post your comment without the knowledge and permission of a parent or legal guardian. If you are an adult, and your post contains the name or likeness of a minor, you must be the parent or legal guardian of that minor.
- Statements about side-effects, whether expected or not, from any of our products, or product quality complaints, are discouraged, inasmuch as it is important to report this type of information appropriately. Please report any side effects from any of our products or product quality complaints to our Customer Care Center at 1-866 565-2229 between 8AM to 8PM EST Monday—Friday. We reserve the right to contact you if such information is posted in this public forum.
- Your comment, response, or other posting may also be submitted to law enforcement if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to detect and prevent fraud or to protect the safety of the public or an individual.
Last Updated: March 2017