Jennifer A. Doudna, Ph.D.
Independent Director since 2018
Dr. Doudna, age 57, joined the faculty at University of California, Berkeley, as a Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology in 2002. She directs the Innovative Genomics Institute, a joint UC Berkeley-UC San Francisco center, holds the Li Ka Shing Chancellor's Professorship in Biomedical and Health, and is the Chair of the Chancellor's Advisory Committee on Biology at UC Berkeley. Dr. Doudna is Principal Investigator at the Doudna Lab at UC Berkeley and has founded and serves on the Scientific Advisory Boards of Caribou Biosciences, Inc. and Intellia Therapeutics, Inc., both leading CRISPR genome engineering companies. She has been an Investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute since 1997. Dr. Doudna is the recipient of numerous scientific awards in biochemistry and genetics, including the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2020. Dr. Doudna is a Trustee for Pomona College.
Skills and Qualifications
- Pioneer in the field of biochemistry, having co-discovered the simplified genome editing technique CRISPR-Cas9
- Expertise in scientific research and innovation
- Leader in integration of scientific research and ethics
- Member, Science, Technology & Sustainability
- Member, Nominating & Corporate Governance
Other Public Board Service