Mary C. Beckerle, Ph.D.
Independent Director since 2015
Dr. Beckerle, age 66, has served as Chief Executive Officer of the Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah since 2006. She is the Associate Vice President for Cancer Affairs and a Distinguished Professor of Biology and Oncological Sciences at the University of Utah. Dr. Beckerle joined the faculty of the University of Utah in 1986 and currently holds the Jon M. Huntsman Presidential Endowed Chair. Dr. Beckerle has served on the National Institute of Health (NIH) Advisory Committee to the Director, on the Board of Directors of the American Association for Cancer Research, as President of the American Society for Cell Biology and as the Chair of the American Cancer Society Council for Extramural Grants. She currently serves on a number of scientific advisory boards, including the Medical Advisory Board of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Board of Scientific Advisors of the National Cancer Institute (USA) and the External Advisory Board of the Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center.
Skills and Qualifications
- Expertise in scientific research and organizational management in the healthcare arena
- Active participant in national and international scientific affairs
- Strong focus on patient experience
- Chairman, Science, Technology & Sustainability
- Member, Regulatory Compliance
Other Public Board Service
- Huntsman Corporation (since 2011)